Followers

Translate

Saturday, June 27, 2015

So We Live in a Nut House....

Coffee of the Day - Irish Cream

Thank you to those of you who took the time to leave comments on my post yesterday. we all have our own opinions, thoughts, and personalities which is what makes this world so great! I did post EVERY comment.

for those of you who have trouble receiving prizes you win, boy howdy, do I ever hear you on that one. but over the years I have come to accept that I am only going to receive about half of the prizes I win. it's just the way it goes. and there are some companies/stores/challenge blogs that I no longer visit just for that reason - they don't follow through on what they sponsor.

I do agree that there are some fabulous challenge blogs out there. some are just amazing about leaving comments, and for that I am most appreciative! :)
for the others, I do put a lot of blame on people who over-burden themselves by joining far too many DTs and then can't fulfill the commitments. I think we all know some people like that. my complaints have NEVER been for those that have life struggles get in the way from time to time. it  happens to all of us, and I truly do understand.

so back to crafting fun!
our wonderful son, Mick, is moving about 5 hours away..... sigh.... so of course I needed to make him a card. a little while back I came across a handfull of stamps from this neat company called Lavinia Stamps. I did a bit of investigating and discovered they are based in the UK, went to their site, and good golly! what gorgeous stamps and digis! I need to do some shopping very soon! grins!


Mick is our nature/woodsy guy who is studying wildlife conservation. so of course this cute little acorn fairy house stamp seemed just perfect to wish him all the best in his new home.

papers are from the Authentique Durable collection, flowers are by Prima and Petaloo, neat grey buttons are MFT, while the little clear one is from my stash, great natural wired trim is some I found at World Market at Christmas, zipper pull piece is off of a pair of jeans that were going to be tossed, and ticket is from my stash as well. little 'home' word was printed on the label maker. some faux stitching was added to paper edges, but my white gel pen is almost out of ink, so it's a bit faint. sorry! twigs from the yard finish the card.

Today is filled with loads of laundry, as my guys are here just until this evening from Camp. trying to get all of their things washed before they head back out. have a few card commissions to work on as well, so it's a busy, busy day!

be sure to sign up for the blog candy! have a great weekend! :)

12 comments:

Penny said...

Oh, goodness, this card is just adorable, Jen! I love all your details and fun design! I would think that Mick would love this, too! :^)
Sorry to hear he is moving so far away. Hope he can visit you often!
Sending big hugs, Penny

KT Fit Kitty said...

Such a nice card for your son! Love all the little extras you added!

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is a very cool stamp - love that outdoors feel that you created for your son.

New Creations said...

I love this beautiful nature theme creation, so inspiring! The image is so beautiful and the little elements you put in are gorgeous!!! Your son definitely love this!

Fikreta said...

gorgeous card
good luck to your son!

aussie aNNie said...

Jen this is awesome for your son....fabulous details here lots of goodies to look at.xxx

ellyscard creatief said...

Very pretty card Jennifer.

Bananastamper said...

Oooh, do I ever love this. Fantastic texture for your fun outdoorsy, woodsy theme. Love that stamp!
Cheers,

Shanna
p.s. I will add to the discussion re: challenges, commenting. I myself am quite selective re: the challenges I play in. I tend to enter only a few per project and sometimes none or only one. I enjoy the interaction of the commenting. Sometimes there are more, sometimes less, but I try not to worry about it. As far as followers commenting, I see it as a reciprocal thing -you have to give comments to receive comments. If I am travelling or not too active in blogland for a bit, and not leaving many comments myself, I find that the comments I recieve are fewer. I am ok with this. I comment frequently at blogs I enjoy and try to visit blogs whose owners have left comments at my blog.

Dawn said...

Fantastic little guy card Jennifer!
I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated & treasured!
Hugs
Dawn xx

*Vicki* said...

Oh this is such an adorable card Jennifer! Love the colors and the flower is just adorable with that image!! I know your son will love it! :)

Edwina said...

Jennifer, I just love the acorn house. The blues and browns are great together. I wish your son luck. think of his moving away as a good reason for a vacation. I know he loved this card. I know I do. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Renee B. said...

What a cute card Jennifer...I'm sure Mick will love it! Just read your post from yesterday. Sorry you are feeling so frustrated with the challenge blogs but I know what you mean. I have never had a problem getting a prize (although one cost me more in postage than the prize was worth) but I share your frustration about comments from the DT. I tend to take it very personally & my feelings are hurt if I don't get comments! (silly girl) Your cards are lovely so, don't stop entering challenges.
Hugs, Renee