Followers

Translate

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Cascading Hearts card

Coffee of the Day - Gingerbread

I was intrigued the other day when I saw a link in the Split Coast Stampers newsletter about a triple heart cascading card. I followed it to the discussion thread and found this blog post by Sheri of Paper Creations. Her card is absolutely gorgeous! I knew right then and there that I not only wanted to try it out for the Pile it On challenge of 'fancy folds', but I thought it might just suit for a Valentine's Day card for Ryan's girlfriend. The proper name for the card is the Triple Heart Easel Card. The tutorial is easy to follow and looks so cool irl! :)  I played my cards right (tee hee!) and was also able to make this work for this week's new Paper Makeup Stamps challenge of red, white, and black! wooo hoooooo!


The images are from Paper Makeup Stamps Dandy Wishes set, Moody for Love, and Sending You Love. This card is the perfect example of why I so love digi stamps. I was able to re-size everything exactly as I needed for each heart layer. I erased the stems from several of the flowers in Dandy Wishes so that they could be placed around the larger floral scenes.


Spellbinders Heart Scalloped dies were used to cut each shape, fired brick distress stickles & rouge liquid pearls were used over some of the flowers, and my white gel pen was used to accent the outer heart scallops. a button tied with a bakers twine bow holds the smallest heart. please pardon the poor quality of the 2nd picture. I took it in my craft room with my phone. it's really hard for me to take nice photos with my shaky hands......

on a side note, I'm back on heavy duty antibiotics again, this time with the oh so lovely steroids that I truly despise to see if my radiation poisoning will ever ever ever truly go away....... sigh. I am so weary of this road I'm traveling. think I'm ready for the big rest station that has the full service Starbucks waiting for me inside! ;)

Challenges:
Pile it On - fancy folds
Heck of a Challenge - love and flowers
Stamping Shack - love is in the air
Stamping Chef - love
MAWT - punch it out (senti is actually punched, others are die cut)
Brown Sugar - go red/hearts
Simply Create Too - Valentine's Day or hearts
One Crazy Stamper - love
Crafts and Me - fave embellie (buttons, trim, and Primas!)
Just Add Ink - shaped card
Go Fish - I love you
Frosted Designs - 'love' plus a heart
Digi Haven - love or Valentine
Ladybug Crafts - love and/or Valentine's Day
Di's Digi - love and/or Valentine's Day
Delightful Challenges - red and white
By the Cute and Girly - roses are red
Lia Stampz - Valentine
Happy Campers - digital and flowers
Little Miss Muffet - hearts and flowers
All That Stickles - anything goes
3 Girl JAM - 3D Valentine with ribbon (maybe my twine will count?)
Great Impressions - have a heart
613 Avenue Create - anything goes with 'love' option

41 comments:

Jenn Bedient said...

Oh my gosh- how pretty is that! It is lovely!

Hang in there. Many hugs and prayers your way!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! These are such gorgeous creation Jennifer!! Love the scallop heart designs and the images!! SO STUNNING!! :) Thanks for stopping by with your kind thoughts and wishes! They're very much appreciated my friend! BIGGEST HUGS

PeggyR said...

These are lovely, are you tired of the snow yet?

Tamara said...

that's soooo pretty! Thank you so much for sharing your project with us at TSC!

Tamara

Jovan said...

These are super cute...thanks for joining 3 Girl JAM!

Unknown said...

WOW Jennifer, this card is Stunning, The images are fab,, I love it .. Thanks for joining us at Happy Campers x

Kim Kutie said...

Very nice, I think I'm going to attempt a cascading card soon. :-) Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create.

Mema's Crafts said...

Those cascading hearts are so cute. I think I may need to find the tutorial and try myself. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create.

Hugs
Lesia
Visit me: www.memascrafts.blogspot.com

K Clark said...

Jenn I love your card... I have never tried a triple easel card... it looks hard!! love it

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great card! Nice design! Thanks for joining us over at 3 Girl Jam Challenges! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

Cheri said...

Very neat idea. I haven't seen this technique before and yours is beautiful. Thanks for joining 3 Girl JAM's challenge.

Cheri - 3 Girl JAM DT
www.djssundries.blogspot.com

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

This is just gorgeous, never seen a card like this before. Just love it!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

tellana said...

OMG - this is absolutely gorgeous! I had never seen a card like this, so thanks for sharing the link.
You hang in there and hope you'll get rid of those steroids soon!

BrendaB said...

I've never seen this type of cascade card before - your card is awesome! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

Judy said...

Ooooooooooooh..this is stunning. You did a fabulous job with this, and somebody's going to get some points for this one. Totally awesome hun.

xo
Judy

Vicky (Fabulous Crafts) said...

Dear Mrs. Jen,
thank you for the beautiful things you sent me. Today we've received the mail and I am so glad. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! I love it!!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you one million times!!!
Hugs,
Vicky

PS: I love your special cards... the hearts are awesome!!!

Oak Pond SC said...

Absolutely stunning Jen! Thank you for sharing this. You're always in my thoughts and prayers :) Hugs and happy crafting <3-Kim

Uta said...

Your Triple Heart Easel Card looks so fantastic. I love it! Thanks for joining us at By the Cute and Girly.
Hugs, Uta

Lisa Minckler said...

Holy Moly...these are awesome! I'm glad you gave such great kudos for the tutorial. I've come across a few lately, not at SCS, that have me really scratching my head!
Jennifer, what you've designed here is truly inspiring and very different and I love that!!
Still thinking of you daily and sending up prayers and big mushy hugs!!
Lisa xx
OOHHH..dang, almost forgot..Thank you for joining in at Heck of A Challenge OH and you know what Sunday is right????? :D Are you all caught up on the Walking Dead yet? So excited...seems like it's been forever waiting.
Ok, I'll quite yammering now...ttfn.

Tonya said...

Gorgeous creations! Love your scallops hearts. So pretty.

Thanks for joining us at all that Stickles.

Tonya ATS DT

Michelle VP said...

Wowzers, Jennifer! What a fun, stacked card to make for your son's girlfriend - love how it turned out! Thanks so much for being part of our group at PMS. I hope the meds help your radiation poisoning ASAP. BIG {hugs}!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is brilliant ,what a super creation, Love it. Thanks for playing on the first ever All that Stickles linky party, Hazelxo

Hazel (Didos) said...

Back again to say Thanks also for playing on MAWTT this week too, Love Hazelxox

Sarah said...

Awesome cards - such a cool design! Thanks for joiining us at FD :)))

Unknown said...

Hi Jennifer, what a wonderful idea and a fabulous card. Love the shape - it's brilliant!

Thanks for joining in with us this week at MAWTT,
Sarah

McCrafty's Cards said...

These are absolutely gorgeous Jennifer,Thanks for joining in with us at Digi Haven, Good Luck.
Kevin xx

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Jen, you never stop amazing me with all that you do, you are truly an inspiration. Your card is gorgeous and such a fun fold, thanks for sharing! Also, thanks for playing at Di's Digis, Little Miss Muffet and The Stamping Chef this time:)

Tracey said...

Hi Jennifer, glad you've been able to do some crafting & WOW - this is absolutely stunning!
Thanks for joining Di's Digi Challenge & Good Luck!
Take care sweetie :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Shelly said...

Gorgeous creation, perfect for the month of February! Thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, what a gorgeous creation in fabulous colours, thanks for joining us at LLM challenge this time, huggles Pops x x x

Shari said...

Beautiful card - love the design!! Thanks for playing with us at One Crazy Stamper.

Crea-Sandra said...

Gorgeous creations! Love the dies you've used!
Thanks for joining us at Digi Haven!
Hugs xx Sandra

Anonymous said...

Very nice work. I love dies and the way you did in the hearts makes it fun to use repetition in to a project. So glad you played along with us at The Stamping Shack challenge.
xx Ria

Patti J said...

Jennifer, your design is a perfect 11 on a scale of 1-10! What a great card for a 'hearts' challenge! I would have been a bit scared to tackle this one! Thanks so much for joining us this month for the Great Impressions Stamps Challenge! I hope that you can soon get rid of those nasty steroids, AND, of course that nasty cancer, and get beck to enjoying life. You never cease to amaze me that you do SO much as yukky as you must feel. Always thinking of you and praying for your cure! Hugs...

Donna K said...

These are very pretty, Jennifer! What a great way to use the Spellbinder die!

My Creative Therapy said...

OMGosh this is so awesome! I have to try this! Sorry to hear of your struggles...hope you are feeling better soon! Java hugs to you :)

Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create! Hope to see you again!

Kathi
Co-Owner

My Creative Therapy
http://kathiscreativetherapy.blogspot.com/

Sassy said...

Gorgeous! Love the flower image used. Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

jessica said...

This is so pretty!! Such a GREAT Valentine's Day project!!
Thanks for sharing and playing along with us over at the 3GJ challenge blog!!

3 Girl JAM said...

So pretty! Thanks for linking up with 3GJ!

Julie
http://3girljam.blogspot.com/
http://3girljamchallenge.blogspot.com/

Mary Pat Siehl said...

So pretty
Thanks for joining us @ the stamping shack

Kate said...

Love the triple heart design.

Coffee, stamp, ribbon and paper? Don't forget the chocolate!!

Thanks for joining us at By The Cute And Girly this month. Hope to see you again tomorrow for the March challenge.

** Kate **
Craft Life