Followers

Translate

Friday, February 22, 2013

A Princess and Her Crown

Coffee of the Day - German Chocolate Cake


Today is both a new challenge and new releases over at Jellypark! I do hope you will stop by to see all of the wonderful projects being show by the DT! The challenge theme is 'Get in Shape' - use all kinds of shapes on your project or make a shaped card.


I have used the new Princess digi image on my card and fun floral shapes made with my Spellbinder's dies. papers are from the Basic Grey Serendipity collection, lace trim and buttons are vintage, sentiment is from Create with TLC. flower die cuts and sentiment were sprayed with glimmer mist. crown was coated in rock candy distress stickles. leaf die is SU!, little roses are from a MFT die, and the negative space at the bottom was cut from a MFT as well. faux stitching stamp is Gina K. Princess crown, shoes, and purse were painted with shimmerz.

This sentiment is very special to me. Most of y'all might not know that I have a small collection of tiaras. they aren't very fancy, but they are precious to me. I haven't been able to wear any of my tiaras for a while. believe me, I tried! and man oh man, do they hurt on a head with either no hair or not much! grins! we have a wonderful group of ladies out at Camp who are part of a little group of 'Princesses,' and I remind them as often as I can that they are all the daughters of a King. so often life makes us feel less than royal, either through circumstances or just the day to day living of it. we need to hold our heads high and wear that crown! :)

well this is my last scheduled card for a little while.....I must say I'm looking forward to crawling into bed and staying there for a few days or a month or so. ;) right now that sounds absolutely delightful! being sick for so long is absolutely no fun whatsoever! blech!  I'll pop in every few little bit to say hello, but until then know you are loved - truly, deeply!

enjoy your weekend! Jennifer

Challenges:
Happy Camper - use your favorite stamp: both of these 'cause I love any princess stamp & the senti one from TLC is fab! :) of course you know how often I am using this Gina K stitching set..... thanks again, Joan!
Shelly's Images - sew much fun
LUFP - photo inspiration (colors and leaves from tree)
Crafting By Design - anything goes
Penny's - anything goes
Stampavie - lots of layers
Anything Goes - vintage/shabby chic
Loves Rubberstamps - lots of layers
TTCRD - anything goes
Vickie's/Lady Anne's - anything goes
Incy Wincy - pop it up (main image is popped up on foam tape, felt flowers stick up from card base)
Whoopsi Daisy - make it girly

27 comments:

Chris said...

I love this card. Isn't it funny that you who have all boys chose to use the girly image, and me, who has a daughter chose to use the boy image.
rest up honey, and feel better soon. this monkey has got to get off your back.
hugs, love and get well wishes.
Chris

Deb said...

your card is so pretty, love that image!
Hope you are feeling better soon!
Debxx

Jenn Borjeson said...

Thinking of you and sending you all my love. xoxo

JoanieMc said...

Love your card!! So very cute!! I hope and pray you get to feeling better soon as I know you have been on a long journey. hugs <3
Joanie Mc

JoanieMc said...

Did I forget to say? And thanks so much for entering the Link Up for Pink Challenge and good luck in the draw. lol

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Beautiful card Jennifer ... I'm smiling thinking of you with a wardrobe of tiaras! Really pretty image and I love all the layers. Thanks for sharing your card at Incy Wincy Designs this week in our "Pop It Up" challenge.
Helen x (DT)

ThePurplePlace said...

You are been crating up a storm and it make me very happy to see all your newest creations!!

I am so behind, between my Mom's sudden heart surgery, my own Fibro stuff and then going to visit the kids in San Diego....I have not had a lot of time....

Sorry I have not been in touch as much, but all that 'stuff' has kept me offline and super busy...now that my Mom is finally back home (again), I do hope this will be the last of her complications and that she will now recover and be better.

Thinking of you and hoping to see more every day!!

Big hugs,
Lisa

Sandra said...

Beautiful card Jennifer!
Now take your time and your rest, we'll be waiting here for you.
And when time is ready, we want to see you with a gorgeous tiara!
Hugs,Sandra

Renee B. said...

Adorable card Jen....wish this little princess could wave her magic wand & make you better!
Love ya!
Renee

Sharon said...

Love your card Jen, I had lost your blog addie, nice to catch up with you. Will have a look at all the wonderful thing you have made since I lost the addie for here.

Thanks for joining us for Vickie's Challenge at Lady Anne's.

Jennifer said...

This is really sweet! Love the layers around your princess ad the sentiment is fantastic!

vdoyle8 said...

Have a good rest -- I'll be sending healing thoughts and prayers your way. Please check in!

Judy said...

Oh sweetie this is precious. I totally love the design, the embellies, and the story you shared of owning the tiaras...I will never look at one the same again...what an awesome reminder. I hope you rest up well, and know that you are in my prayers.

BIG HUGS,
Judy

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Fab card,sending you well wishes, thank you for joining us at happy campers, Pauline x

Daisychain said...

A beautiful card, love the colours and embellishments you have used. Thanks for sharing it with us at Whoopsi Daisy for our ‘Make It Girly’ challenge. Hope to see you next week. Hugs Christine x

Tracy said...

Take your much needed rest and recharge girly. I'll be thinking about you and praying for you. Hugs!
P.S. Precious card, especially those fun felt roses. :-)

Esther said...

Beautiful card!!!! What a sweet little princess Jen and love how you framed her!!! The crown on the sentiment is the perfect touch!
Thanks you for joining us in challenge #10 at LUFP!

Tip Top said...

She does shout pink!! I did a very pink and girly card! Lovely soft card

Shanna Shands said...

Cute card. And I love all the different elements in this card. Hope you feel better fast and best wishes your way! Thanks for playing with Loves Rubberstamps.

Shanna Shands said...

Cute card. And I love all the different elements in this card. Hope you feel better fast and best wishes your way! Thanks for playing with Loves Rubberstamps.

Penny said...

This is fabulous, Jennifer! Love those wonderful die cuts with that darling image! Love all of your fabulous papers, love the lace, buttons, & flowers, too! And the sentiment is wonderful! Just a great, great card! :^)
Take care, Kiddo!
Sending you giant hugs, Penny

Jacqueline Smith said...

Fabulous card, love the layers! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

Julia said...

Gorgeous creation, love your colors and the image.
Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs.
Hugs,
Julia

Laurian said...

Very pretty, beauiful design!
Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!

Hugs

Laurian

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Pretty card, thanks for joining us at happy campers, Pauline x

Darlene said...

Hi Jen! I continue to keep you in my thoughts & prayers and hope you have as good an outcome from all this cancer mess as my hubby has (4 years cancer free come April). Please know I care!
Now as far as this card ... ADORABLE!! Love the design and the image is so cute! Thanks so much for joining our "SEW Happy Together" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
SHELLY’S IMAGES BLOG

Sassy Scrapper said...

That's a wonderful card with an awesome message. I hope you get to feeling better soon. My prayers are with you. Stay Strong!