Followers

Translate

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Jellypark Sponsors Crimbo Crackers.... and no, I have no idea what a crimbo cracker is! ;)

Coffee of the Day - Pumpkin Spice

Happy happy Wednesday to each of you! I hope you hurry and submit your comments on my post from yesterday to get your chance at a gift certificate from Stop and Scrap. you have until tonight to enter! what fun to read everyone's fave paper collections! :)

Jellypark Friends is currently sponsoring the newest challenge over at Crimbo Crackers, a great new challenge blog that focuses solely on Christmas cards. Many members of the DT made projects to showcase the theme, "Make it Sparkle". I'll be honest, this gal has no clue what a Crimbo Cracker is, but I was thrilled to play along since my teamie, Ruth, has started this new blog all on her lonesome! she is getting a tremendous turn-out, so I do hope you will join all of us!


My card uses the absolutely precious 'Cute Angel' from Jellypark and papers by Jillybean Soup Christmas Eve Chowder. The main image is sprayed with sparkle shimmer spray for lots of shine irl. I tried something I've never done before - I used my Spellbinder dies to create a frame. it was a neat technique and so easy to do! you'll most certainly see more of this from me in the future. I was a bit nervous lining up the dies, but they really make it so easy to do. So the brown cs is actually a frame, not a mat. her halo was painted with shimmerz for more sparkle. I added some candy cane stickles to both the frame and the little prima rose for additional shine. I then added some free-hand doodles at both the top and bottom of the card that mimic the doodles on her dress. a simple card, but I think it turned out cute, and PINK! :)

Digital Tuesday - Christmas
Sweet Stamp - non traditional Christmas colors

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh this is so totally cute! I love the papers you used.

Jenn Borjeson said...

Absolutely adorable - gonna go check out that challenge now! :)

Tip Top said...

Hehehehe! Thank you soooo much for your support!!