Followers

Translate

Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Version of CAS - Shady Tree Style....

I have been inspired by my fellow DT members over at Shady Tree Studios. They create some of the most beautiful CAS projects imaginable. well you know that my cards and things are chock full of stuff - embellies, ribbons, buttons, trims and the like. CAS is soooooooooooo not me! but I decided to venture way way way out of my comfort zone and attempt a CAS card after seeing so many of their pretty cards. I do this about once a year, so don't hold your breath waiting on another one! grins! but I am kinda pleased with how this one turned out.......

I was rummaging around a few days ago looking for a certain embellie when I came across this package of crochet frames from K & Co that I had never opened. I am certain I am not the only one to have a FEW goodies like that tucked away. ;) well I put it aside to be sure to use it in an upcoming project. lo and behold this gorgeous sunflower from the STS set, Come to Me Autumn was the perfect fit! I stamped it onto kraft, watercolored as usual, and then masked the frame before spraying with walnut gold glimmer mist to add a wonderful sparkle shine irl. the paper is from the Basic Grey Pyrus collection. a simple gold satin ribbon and vintage button is all it took to finish. I didn't add a sentiment on purpose, because I don't know how or for what occasion I will be sending this.

So I challenge you to step out of your comfort zone with a project of some sorts. you might find yourself surprised at the results! :)

4 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

hi there GF! hope all has been well for you (-:
adorable CAS and lovin that frame! isnt it "fun" when we find "new" stuff LOL
hugs,

Holly Young said...

what a pretty card Jennifer! I don't think I've ever seen crocheted frames before. It certainly makes a very unique embellishment to a card!

Silli said...

Oh, your card is very pretty Jennifer, love the image and the colors... BIG hugs

Helen Dooley said...

I MISS U!! I havent seen u for a while. I love your work here! I hope things are well.