Followers

Translate

Friday, October 15, 2010

Trick or Treat Ellie

Two Posts in one day! woooo hooooo!

Trying to make a few cards to send off to the guys away at school..... thought they might like a box full of candy treats, no tricks at least if Mom has anything to say about it. Dad is another story entirely!!! :D

This cute little jester elephant from Tiddly Inks out trick-or-treating caught my eye as a fun one to use to send. Since I had to resist the urge to 'paint' the toenails, I went with 'emo' black. grins! perfect for Halloween, don't you think?!?! I added just a few touches of shimmerz paint on his pumpkin bucket and jester's hat. The boo bat rub on is a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry oldie from Basic Grey that I found at the bottom of my drawer....... but it turned out perfect for here! Seems I only use the BG Ambrosia papers for Halloween, but I do love them for this. hard to believe it was last year when I last pulled them out. The seam tape scrap was the last bit remaining from my card posted earlier today. I pulled a few strings off of the ends to make them raggedy. It was stapled to the ticket (another oldie but goody - you can actually see where the sun has discolored it... sheesh, I am so bad about using up some of my stash) with my tiny attacher. I don't know if any of you have this amazing little tool, but it is a must have for any of you who like to staple. these itty bitty staples are so super-dee-super cute and fit into the tiniest places! A simple button and some Maya Road pom pom trim finish off the card. not too much to the card, but it is going to a guy....... always have to remember the no fuss, no frills rule the guys have imposed on me for their 'manly' cards!

catch up with you tomorrow!

7 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

OH this is too cute!!! I love how you added that pom pom ribbon and Ellie is such a cutie here!!!
Melissa

Maria Matter said...

totally adorable Jennifer! such a cute image and I love those little pom pom balls!

Thank you for sharing it over @ Creative Belli!
hugs & blessings!

Anna said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Pile It On.

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

So very cute, Jen! I love the ribbbon too. :)

Loopylou. said...

oh jennifer, ellie looks so sweet with that little pail of sweeties!!!yummy paper too. hugs Lou xxx

Darsie Bruno said...

how cute is this? What a fabulous fall card! I love your image! Thanks so much for playing with us on the Belli Challenge! Please come back soon!
Hugs,
Darsie
Belli Challenge Design Team

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a cute image of the ellie and pumpkin! Love the ball fringe! Thanks for playing the Belli Challenge!