Followers

Translate

Friday, October 29, 2010

A New Challenge begins at Baby Bud Designs! :)

Coffee of the Day - Pumpkin Spice!!!! woooo hooooo! I am drinking coffee again! :)


Welcome to a brand new challenge with Baby Bud Designs! I am going to try to be quick today, because I want you to do 3 things for me:

1. race to the Baby Bud Designs blog to pick up not one, but TWO adorable freebies today and
2. be sure to stop by the other Lady Bud's blogs to leave them some lovin' for their beautiful contributions! :)
3. get started making your card so you can have a chance at winning the fun digi and card making prize pack!

now here we go ~
the challenge for this upcoming month is "Scallops, Buttons, and Bling", so baby I went to town! first I used one of the free images available today, "Woof Doggie". His little leash is part of my bling although David tells me no self respecting dog would allow a bow on his leash. I beg to differ! grins! The scallops are obvious in the lace and canvas portions, as are the fun buttons, but it is some of the other 'bling' I want to tell you about.

As I was taking my dogs out for a walk the other day, I was once again marveling at the beautiful colors of fall and the leaves scattered around me. I picked up a handfull and thought I would see what I might create with them. About that time a very fun package arrived at my door from i {heart} papers containing some birthday bash goodies I had won. inside was the spritz shimmer sprays I have been telling you about. I already had the frost and loved it, but I now have the sparkle and copper in my collection. Today's card is pretty much covered in the copper spray! The Jenni Bowlin Afternoon Tea papers were sprayed with it, the SU! canvas scallop strips were sprayed with it, and then the leaves were also sprayed with it! yes, way! you can spray leaves!!! and oh my stars, it is so beautiful irl! the little flecks of copper mingle with the various shades in each leaf. They were sealed with cheapo hairspray on both front and back, which helped to add some shine all in itself.

so there you go - 'Scallops, Buttons, and Bling'! please join us and play along. and a big hearty congratulations go out to Nataliya for winning the first BBD challenge! way to go! :)

11 comments:

Maria Matter said...

this is so fabulous Jennifer!!! You always add just the right embellishments...I'm totally embelli challenged. I never know what to add! lol I need to take lessons from you!
Brilliant idea to use the leaves too...just GORGEOUS!!!
hugs & blessings!

Lisa said...

wow I love how you added the leaves to your card, and the doggie is adorable

Sherry Eckblad said...

great card and the little dog is just too cute.
Thanks for stopping by my blog with the big welcome. I look forward to working with you.

ThePurplePlace said...

Hi Jen - Your card is such a perfect Fall card and I absolutly love how you added the leaves...a wonderful touch I never would have though of.

I'm also very excited that you are feeling better and hope you continue to improve every day!!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful talents with is all! :)

Hugs,
Lis

PS: Coffee sounds good right about now! :)

Silli said...

Oh, wonderful card jennifer, love the sweet image and the fabby colors...

Holly Young said...

So cute! I love how you put a little leash on the dog. I love using fall leaves in my creations and you did a fab job!

Ros said...

Great autumnal card ... thanks for playing along at CCCB

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very cool, those leaves are just wonderful addition! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Nancy said...

This is wonderful Jennifer!!

Years ago there was a commercial for Vaseline lotion and they showed putting it on a leaf to keep it from crumbling. . . I tried it and it worked!! I never thought to use real leaves on a card - this is fabulous!!!

Unknown said...

WOW, Those leaves are perfect.. I love this.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!