Followers

Translate

Thursday, October 7, 2010

My First Attempt with Copics..... yikes!

Coffee of the Day - Creme Brulee

Well the time has come..... I have slowly been adding to my itty bitty Copic marker collection. My dear friend, Gina, was amazing and sent me a few of her duplicates! isn't that the coolest?! love ya, Gina!!!!! it is still an itty bitty collection, but I decided to be the gal full of adventure and actually use a few of these precious beauties & attempt to create with them. oh, the fear, the trepidation, the sweat filled brow.... and that was just as I looked at the markers in the box. it is one thing to look at the markers and gaze at the beautiful colors. it is another completely to contemplate actually USING them! oy!

but this adorable stamp set from Shady Tree Studio had been so quietly calling to me for long enough..... "play with me, please" it was saying. Well you will most certainly be seeing more from this cute set and wonderful company in the future! :) I grabbed my Basic Grey Pyrus papers since I have already told you how much I am enjoying them. I then thought how pretty the Little Birds stamps would look on a canvas tag, and the Copic markers would do well with the fabric from everything I had read. So I took 3 or 4 shades and went straight to blending for the bird, plant/leaves, and flowers. there is a blush oval behind the bird that IS intentional. I wanted to very slightly hightlight this wonderful little birdie without bringing too much focus onto it. unfortunately in the scan it looks as if I spilled pink lemonade on it..... oh well, the best intentions......

lots of glimmer mist colors were used here, too. both the ribbon and the lace have been sprayed with different colors as well as the bg BG piece with several shades.

yes, I will use my copics again. most especially after getting over the first time fear. blending on cs is going to be an entirely different experience, but I am woman, hear me roar! tee hee! ;)

6 comments:

Diane (djuseless) said...

Jennifer, you did a great job. I cannot believe that is your first attempt using copics.

I joined the copics bandwagon last September and I love them. They are very addictive so beware! But thankfully, I have not said "I need a shade lighter or darker of this color" in a long time! My wallet remains full and happy! LOL!

paulssandy said...

Jennifer, this whole card is lovely. Your coloring is fantastic, especially considering it was your first time with copics. I remember my first time and it took me so long to color one image it was hard to believe they were worth it, lol I still am workng on blending, but I have grown to love them. My next attempt will be to shade with my Prisma pencils. I have heard/seen it makes a reall difference.

Goos luck with them in the future.
Hugs

Becky said...

Jennifer this is a gorgeous image. You did fabulous with your collection of copics. They do take practice, I am still in first grade with them :). Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters In Christ.

Grace said...

Jennifer I so love this sweet image and I think you did a GREAT job coloring it! Fabric coloring can be tricky so to make that your first one was brave!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Jennifer - you did a great job on all counts! I love that image and what an amazing job you did with you Copics - they are divine! I am loving this!! Thanks for joining us at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week - we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Traci S. said...

You did a wonderful job on this piece of art! Your coloring is great! It is consistent, and I never would have known it was your first time using copics.

Personally, I have a collection with 7 copics. A bunch of purples and greens and the one they call the eraser! I only use them on one stamp, and they are in their own special section on my work table...but maybe they will multiply with the Holidays! LOL

Great job!

He IS Able,
Traci S.