Followers

Translate

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Happiness Is.....

Coffee of the Day - Maple Vanilla again... hubby really wanted some after getting a whiff of yesterday's! :)

A new challenge blog has started in conjunction with the new store site for A Day for Daisies. I have been a long time fan of Tammy's beautiful art, well ever since I first came across her store this past spring thanks to Annika. The premiere challenge is to create something using one of her images that reflects what makes you happy.


That was a real stumper for me since so many things bring me joy, especially when you see the images she has created. But when she released this image called "Papa" last week, I almost teared up. It reminded me so much of the times I spent with my dad, bouncing away on his knees playing a game he called 'horsey'. Oh my gosh, I could wear him out for hours on end while bouncing away on his knees - up the mountains, down through the valleys, through the rivers.... on and on. and I was so tickled to be able to play this game with my boys when they were little, too. they loved it almost as much as I did! :) It's been over 18 years that my dad has been gone, and I still miss him so very much. So this card is for you, Daddy. 
Happiness is my family. always and forever. and this card will sit on my crafting table with me. It's never going to be given away.

I used a sketch from Mojo Monday, although modified a bit, papers, flower, twine, & tag from Making Memories Vintage Findings, my most very fave ever vintage button plus another little one, and some pretty satin ribbon gifted to me by a friend. I did flip it over though to go with the rougher side to keep a more rustic feel to the card. My dad was a Native American so he would get a real kick out of the beard on this guy, but I like it just the same! :) I took my pencil and handwrote, "I love horsey rides with Daddy" in the ledger paper to keep with the flow of the penciled in medallion ledger paper, plus it just makes it more special to me!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! Maybe you should make something special that you can keep for your very own self on your crafting table, too. if you do, please come back and tell me what you have made! I would love to hear about it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow...this is fabulous! With your talent you should consider entering the challenges over at Papercraft Star! http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com, they provide the challenges in advance and give away great prizes too!

Trina said...

I got this stamp and remember that game too. Strangely enough, I remember it even better from The Cosby Show. Do you remember when Dr. Huxtable tried to bounce Peter?? Classic...