Followers

Translate

Friday, December 4, 2009

A Christmas Wish Blog Hop with Michelle Perkett!

Welcome to the very first blog hop with Michelle Perkett and her beautiful Christmas Wish Angel! I hope that you are having a wonderful time gazing upon the beautiful ways this angel has come to life and hearing about the ways so many kind & generous people want to bless others this holiday season! :) If at any time you get lost on this hop, head over to PCP and the forum, where you can find the blog hop list posted in the discussion lists. If you have arrived here from *Lori's fabby blog*, then you are right on track. If you are just arriving at my blog, then head back over to *Michelle's gorgeous blog* to begin the fun hop.

First I want to tell you a bit about my card and then I will tell you about my wish/prayer, which is one of the conditions of participating in the hop.

I used paper from K & Co. Que Sera Sera collection. There is a LOT of shimmer and shine that doesn't really show in the scan, but might if you click on the photo. Each star was outlined with my spica glitter pen, as were her wings. Then the stars were filled in with frosted stickles. The image border was outlined with the same glitter pen. The entire border of the image was first inked with the blue ink and then coverd in frosted stickles. The card base was inked with white craft and then immediately dipped in fine white glitter. I sponged the same white craft on the blue base. I added this silky soft Anna Griffin blue satin ribbon, Prima glitter stars, and some vintage buttons (of course). Finished off with a smidgen of gold trim at the top. This card also fits the challenge Michelle has going on over at PCP. I didn't put the lid down on the scanner when I scanned it in as I didn't want to squish the bow. so it came out a bit fuzzy.... sorry about that.

Now for my wish. Actually it is a prayer of sorts as I don't really do wishes. it took me a bit of thinking to come up with my prayer. First I thought of our nephew Wesley. but our prayers for him have really been answered already. he has finished his chemo early and doens't have to go through the last round. I thought about my children and husband, but I know that God truly has them held tightly in His loving arms already. If I trust God the way I say I do, then I need to trust that He has everything under control with them....

So this prayer is for a special someone that I am not going to name, because God knows exactly who it is. and this person will know, too.

Right now you have a place in your soul that is a quiet, dark place you go to hide. There is nothing wrong with quiet places, but this is more than that. this is a place you stay to escape and it drags you down. you don't let anyone else in, and it makes us sad. you feel so very alone there, yet you won't come out. you try to put on a happy face for the rest of the world, but I see the sorrow in your eyes. and it hurts my heart. This place is like a closet or a room where you feel comfortable, but it is not good for you. and deep inside you know it. I know, too, because I have one, too. I call it my cave, because it feels like I go there to hibernate. A very wise woman by the name of Beth Moore calls it a pit. She says that you can decorate it and make it as comfortable as you like, but it is still a pit of dirt. I have a little secret for you. No matter how alone you feel there in that place, you aren't. God is there with you. Maybe you don't feel Him yet, but that doesn't change the fact that He is there. Maybe you don't even believe in Him, but that doesn't change His existence or His love for you.
There is a wonderful scene in the movie, 'Across the Universe' where a character named Prudence has locked herself in a bathroom. Her friends are on the outside singing to her to come out. You see, my side of the door doesn't have a doorknob, dear one. I can't come in and be with you. I am waiting on you to open the door, just a smidge. And so that is my prayer - that you will open it just a bit for me, for someone, for God. Realize that you are loved more than you will ever realize. More than you ever really supposed to realize. And in some way, you have made someone's life better just by your smile. You probably won't believe me - Today - but tuck this away for another time so you can come back and read it later. and then maybe you will believe it that day. Because I love you. and so does God. more than you know. :)


now hop along to *Jean's blog* and be blessed! :)

28 comments:

Alexandra Lundgren said...

This is beautiful Jenn. You could have written this for someone special in my life as well. That you for sharing you wise words and kind spirit and heart. Gentle hugs!!

Michelle said...

Oh, Jennifer, what a beautiful prayer you have written, I hope you can give this letter to that person because it would be such a gift for them to recieve! You are amazing! this person is so lucky to be loved so much! Thank you Jennifer for such a beautiful prayer! And thank you for such a wonderful card as well! So magical! She looks like a snow princess! Just gorgeous! Thank you Jennifer for a wonderful entry!!:)

Michelle :)

Anita said...

Cute card! Glad to hear that Wesley is doing so well. I will continue to pray for his healing. I love the last part of your post. It hit home for me. God Bless you for sharing this with us.

Fotf said...

Morning Jennifer, i love your frosty Angel perfect for this time of year. Loved reading your words too. Merry Christmas :)

Nancy said...

Your card is stunning, Jennifer:O) I love all about it!
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Anne said...

Jennifer what a beautiful prayer. As a stiff upper lip Brit it's a tough one to read my blogging friend, God Bless You

Anne said...

Ahem I should have added how wonderful your card is, sorry :)

Lori said...

Jennifer, what a sweet prayer for someone...something so powerful and yet they may not even know what is a work with our awesome God. Also love Beth Moore too!

Your card is beautiful and love the colors and the cleaness of the design.

have a wonderful weekend and thank you for sharing so much more than a card.

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Jennifer, this is beautiful prayer, and you have such a wonderful spirit.

Your card is fabulous! I love the touch of gold and the vintage buttons, and your coloring is superb.

Thank you for sharing.
Susan

Maria Matter said...

oh Jennifer....this prayer is for so many people, and it breaks your heart! I'll stand in agreement with you that the eyes of their hearts be opened to the Light that surrounds them and they'll chose to let it in!
God Bless You!

Your card is gorgeous!!!
It's quite hard to type with teary eyes, isn't it?!!!
Blessings, Maria

debb said...

Oh Jennifer, I am crying again. What a beautiful prayer and thought for your special person. Your card is beautiful - I love all that you did with it and that you shared your techniques! Thank you!

Tammy said...

This is so amazing Jennifer!! I'm having a hard time writing through my tears right now!! Your prayer and words have touched my heart because I too have my pit!! Thank you so much for your words and sweetie...I'm sure that your words will reach out to lots of people. God has truely bless you hon!!! You are so much my inspiration in life and I love you even though I have never met you!! Your card is beautiful girl!!! God Bless You!!!

Stef H said...

you sure can touch a person's heart!

awesome! all of it.

hugs,

Terri's Cards N More said...

Gorgeous card. What a wonderfu prayer for someone special.

Rhonda Miller said...

Jennifer, beautiful card. I love the way you have colored her. I hope your wish comes true.

Pattie G said...

Oh Jennifer, your wish has made me cry but they are happy tears because you are a very special person just like your friend. There are so many people who need to know love and this is surely love. Also I love your card and they way you colored her.

hugs
Pattie

gina rahman said...

Great card and such a beautiful prayer

Barbara said...

jennifer you have a heart of gold and you create pretty good also.i was crying so much,and that prayer its like you were sending it to alot of people so sweet.

Unknown said...

Hi Jennifer! This is such an awesome prayer. Your love for Christ shows through in all that you do, and I completely admire you for that! Thanks for such kind words that you left on my blog. I have been praying for you and all that you are going through, and will continue to do so. We serve an amazing God and there is nothing He can't do! Blessings to you and your family (OH, and your card was great too!)
hugs,
Gini

ileana said...

Lovely card and lovely wish Jenn. You special someone will appreciate your thoughtfulness. I was once on the inside side of "the cave" and it truly is dark and lonely, but there was also a gentle and caring hand, two open arms on the other side that helped me to see the beauty of life again. Hugs your way

Carlie M. said...

Love your card!!! The sparkly stars in the bow are a nice touch!!!

Jean said...

Jennifer, Beautiful card. What a wonderful prayer you are such a beutiful person and thanks for sharing your prayer.
Hugs Jean

Tink said...

Beautiful!

Jana M. said...

Jenn, you are amazing! Your card is just beautiful. I hope all your Christmas wishes come true. *hugs*

JayLynn said...

Just Stunning Jennifer! Your card is so beautiful, I love the ribbon and the stars and the colours...the list goes on. Lovely thoughtful prayer too.

Brandi said...

Jenn - you wonderful woman you. Your prayer is so heartfelt and amazing. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Beautiful card as well! :)

Hugs ~ Brandi

Anjou Krelovich said...

Stunning! Love the blues and the embellishments are perfect too! Thanks for sharing at Digital Tuesday!

cr8iveme said...

Gorgeous card.

What a wonderful wish. You could have written this wish for me.

I always get so depressed around this time of the year due to things that happened while I was growing up.

Even though I know I'm blessed to have the life I have now. I still get down at Christmas cause that's when this event really changed my life.

{hugs}
Mary