Followers

Translate

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hot Chocolate Holder with a cutie bear!

Another card to show you using a fun image from IldiCo. I thought it would be fun to paper piece the coffee mug with this adorable little guy, so went looking through my papers for one that would work. Lo and behold, Basic Grey to the rescue! These fun new papers are from the Nook & Pantry collection. Paper piecing digis is so easy to do - don't let them intimidate you.


You will see the open and closed version of the hot choco holder here. The paper on the front covers the staple backs, always important if you can help it. Added in some fun brads and ric rack trim. Pretty easy peasy for a fun little giftie! the whipped cream topping is the white flower soft I have had fun playing with! yep, using it again! it just seemed perfect. stippled the bear again to give him a bit more depth. As you can see, the thin dec. paper piece on the far right side is actually on the inside of the card.

Enjoy your weekend! :)

9 comments:

Anita said...

Cute coco holder! I like the DP.

JayLynn said...

Aww I love it! The paper piecing looks terrific :)

Teresa Kline said...

so very adorable!

enjoy *~*

Stef H said...

he looks so relaxed. are you sure that cocoa isn't spiked??????

hugs,

stitchy said...

Jen, what can I say, you and your coffee lol, I love it...wanted you to know hun, there is an award on my blog for you..www.stitchystamps.blogspot.com
love & hugz
stitch

Gina Lindsay said...

Very cute gift idea!

Teri said...

Oooh - yummy!! Just in time for those colder nights!
Hugs,
Teri x

Heather said...

What a cute project!

Unknown said...

What a cute little project! I love the foam too :)
Nice work!