Followers

Translate

Monday, September 28, 2009

A Hippie Challenge from Digital Ink!

Coffee of the Day - Chocolate Caramel

Good morning! A quick post filled with lots of info! First - be sure to head over to the Digital Ink Co. Challenge blog today for 2 reasons: Great blog candy chances & a new challenge is being posted!!! :)

Here is my card for the challenge -
You get to use the colors navy, light blue, & burgundy on your creation. The winner will get a really fun new digi from Beary Dust! I grabbed papers from my fave ever paper line yep, Basic Grey! :) these are actually from 3 different collections - diamonds from the new Eskimo Kisses, navy mat from Boxer, and blue deco from Marrakech. I love the retro way they all go together! so perfect for this little rebel gal, Hippie Chick from Stitchy Stamps! She just shines with lots of bling courtesy of shimmerz, blingz, and my spica glitter pen. I saw someone one day with navy hair which spurred the idea behind hers, and a dear friend had a lock of burgundy sparkle hair once, so dearest Maddie - this is for you! (some of you may reember my horrible mishap with trying to dye my hair with kool-aid..... this card brought back funny memories while I was making it. sooooo happy I can laugh now - although the rest of the family was in hysterics at teh time! grins!!!) the mat is edged in more of those fabby new disterss stickles. The gorgeous trim, 'cause after all this hippy chick is still a girly girl ya know ;), is from Prima. the top Prima flower is painted with pink shimmerz to add that last bit of sparkle and shine!

Last but not least, stop back by on Friday for the start of the Digital Ink Co blog hop! I'll also have blog candy on Saturday to clelbrate World Card Making Day and my BLOGAVERSARY!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!! Check out the other DT chicas to see what fun creations they came up with for the challenge this week! and then play along! :)

Love ya! Jennifer

12 comments:

Teri said...

Hiya! Love your choice of papers for the colour theme. Great that you added sparkle to your design too!
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Teri x

Stef H said...

oh is she ever the cool chick! i love the hair!!!! and i definitely am going to invest in some shimmerz love it!

and thank you so much for your very lovely comment on my blog. you're just the best!

hugs,

Payne Holler Cards said...

you named my FAV coffee - now will need to make a stop on the way home! so missed poppin in here and see that you've been busy (as usual)and I
love 'em...but this little sassy chic has it "goin on"...she is so cute! you have all the perfect details and I LOVE that blend of dp's...will have to try that! blessings to you
Linda

Angie Williams said...

That image is darling!

Yvette said...

Cute image!!! Love the retro feel. You did a fab job putting it all together! :)

Judi M said...

You did a great job with this color combo. That colored hairdo is just too cute. :D

Scrapping Julie said...

super cute... dying your hair with kool aid huh!! lol

stitchy said...

Jen, I was in here yesterday to say what a beautiful job you did on my stamp and came back today and it's not here, waaaaa lmao...anyway, hun, thank you so much for makin that little girl look so darn good...Love the hair, very unique...
Hugz
stitch

Micki said...

OMgosh, love it! My granddaughter will flip when I show her this, lol.

Great job!!!!

Raquel said...

I love your hippie, she's very hip with her purple hair! Love it!!
Hugs
Raquel

Darlene said...

This is "so cool"!! Love the multi-colored hair! I'm a little older than you obviously ... we never tried using kool-aid for coloring .. we went right for the Peroxide, LOL!!
Awesome creation ... it's such fun to see how different everyone's cards are even though we've used the same image!!! What fun!

Judy said...

Hiya Jen hun,

Gosh I just so enjoy looking at all the pretties on your blog. What talented gal you are!!