Followers

Translate

Monday, May 4, 2009

Normal Family Giraffe Digi Challenge Card

Coffee of the Day - Starbucks House Blend

I am getting so behind on making cards since being sick, so I decided to combine challenges on this one today. I am loving making cards with digi images and this fun giraffe is from The Digi Shack. My son, Mick, said, "That giraffe is just so twisted" when he walked by while I was making this card! I laughed. Then I showed him the sentiment that I was pairing with it, and he got such a kick out of it. This is a new stamp from Inkadinkado and is my new fave stamp ever! It describes our family so perfectly!!!! ;)

The 2 challenges are from The Digi Shack (sketch challenge of the week) and Digital Tuesday Challenge (theme is "April Showers Bring May Flowers"). Papers are Basic Grey Two Scoops collection and SU!. Ribbon and buttons are some little finds from Etsy. All coloring is done with SU! inks and watercolor brushes. Edges of cs were sponged and the card base was inked with white craft. Flowers were punched with the fun little punch from SU! and centers filled in with some beads I won several years ago on SCS from a VSN.

Hope that all of you are having a great Monday to start out the week! Look around you at all of the neat opportunites that God brings into your life to laugh! He has a remarkable sense of humor!!!! You may find you wake up one morning covered in flowers! ;)
Love ya!
Jennifer

20 comments:

Lesli said...

Thanks for the giggle - your card is just too cute!

Paula said...

Your card is hilarious! I LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digital Tuesday Challenge blog!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Judy said...

I love it! That's sooo cute!

Lora said...

What a fun card. Just my kind of humour. love that giraffe!
Thanks for joining us at the Digital Tuesday Challenge
Lora

Rebecca said...

This is so cute! I laughed so hard!!! Love that saying.

Jess said...

Cute card! I agree that giraffe is 'twisted'!

Gina Lindsay said...

Oh that is so great, I love the sentiment that you paired with that cute giraffe!

Becky said...

I just love this guy and love your card.

Anne said...

this is too cute! love the colors the rik-rack -so fun

Amy Johnson said...

What a fun card! That sentiment just cracks me up! Love it! Thanks so much for playing the Digital Tuesday Challenge this week!

Anonymous said...

This image is too cute! Love your card!

Unknown said...

wonderful card, so cute.

Unknown said...

This is adorable...love the sentiment.

Miss Molly said...

This giraffe is so cute - i love what you did with this card - great for a laugh!

Mandy said...

Such a fun card...thanks for playing along.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Gosh, I love that sentiment! My 5yo daughter asked me why her and her sister were not normal last week. It was a "huh?" moment but pretty funny.

Thank you for the blog award! I'll get that up on the blog soon.

Maria Matter said...

Hi Jennifer! I absolutely love this!!!!! What a wonderful giraffe image and you did a great job with the whole design!!!
And I totally agree, God does have a delightful sense of humor! He give us such joy!!!!
Thanks for joining in with us at the Digital Tuesday Challenge, hope you can play along this week too!
Blessings, Maria

Dru said...

OMGosh Jennifer, this is just so stinkin' cute!!! And funny!! It gave me a good laugh this morning -I love everything about this card, the image is adorable and that sentiment - absolutely perfect!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Hehe so so darling. Hugs Cindy xxoo

Michelle said...

LOL! I love it...lol...what a hoot Great card!