Followers

Translate

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Fancy Pants House Mouse Get Well card

Coffee of the Day - Starbucks House Blend

This is what I call a double duty card - it covers 2 magno challenges in one! ;) House Mouse Monday Challenge was to make a get well card and Jenn Balcer has posted a sketch challenge over on her blog for the weekend. Well, that was the incentive I needed to get my stampin' mojo back in action after being sick all week. Do you know how hard it is to make a get well card when you feel pukey? yes, you can feel my pain! :) So I finally decided to get busy stampin' anyway and see what the end result might be...........


I couldn't for the life of me track down any mousies that fit the 'get well' theme, so I went with the Hot Cocoa pair. What DOESN'T chocolate of any kind cure?!?! ;) I originally started this card as a masculine themed one, since most of the 'feel better' cards I send tend to go to guys. But once I was almost finished I saw this itty bitty little Petaloo felt flower sitting on the floor under my chair where it must have fallen last week. poor thing! It was pretty thick, so I tore it in half and made it feel welcome on the card. I guess it would still work for a guy since the tones are more neutral. The coloring is all watercolors. Edges are inked in vanilla craft. Papers are SU! and Fancy Pants. and always lovin' the little dew drops! (okay, I MAY have gone Dew Drop happy on this card - but don't they make YOU happy?!)

Please notice the new blog buttons over on the right hand side. One is very important for you to pay attention to EVERY DAY. If you click on the Breast Cancer button, it will take you right to the site where you can help sponsor free mamograms to the less fortunate. Click it every time you visit my blog please. It means so much to someone you don't even know! The other button announces my new DT - Digiments! I received notice yesterday that I was accepted! What an honor to be chosen! It has been several years since I have been part of a DT, and I appreciate so much that Michelle is giving me the chance to join her team! So many phenom people tried out, dear friends of mine with lots of amazing talent. Not that it says anything about me, 'cause I'm not all that - I'm just me. I burn my toast & eat my burgers off of paper plates with the best of 'em! :D But that she would take a leap of faith that I could create something special with her designs. That makes me feel truly special.

And each of you are super special, too! God says so! :) Love ya!
Jennifer

18 comments:

Dru said...

Love this one too, the image is darling and your coloring is spot on! Great card - not sure if I'm going to make in time for this one - oh well - LOL!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Jennifer, I know how hard it is to make a card when you don't feel well. Yours turned out fabulous.

Congrats on the DT position! I made that team too and am so excited because it's my first DT position. I'm nervous but I work well under pressure--must be from all those years doing mortgages and working with deadlines.LOL

Have a great day!

Sara said...

Jennifer-CONGRATS to you, you so deserve it. And your HM card is amazing, I love your coloring. Have fun with the DT

Rebecca said...

I loved what you said about burning your toast and eating burgers off of paper plates! That gave me a great big smile. Congratulations to you on the DT position, and I can't wait to be working with all ladies, including you.

Becky said...

Congratulations...:)I love house mouse :), and this is a great card.

Kristi said...

I try to look under my table and really the whole room at least once a week, because I always find stuff that has fallen and disappeared. And what great finds arn't they. The card turned out beautifully.

stephanne said...

Mmmmmm, hot cocoa. Seems like the perfect cure-all to me. Your card is adorable, I love the neutral hues. You've done a great job creating despite your yuck feeling. And congrats on your DT position, that must be quite exciting!! I'm looking forward to your creations!!

Stephanne

Me Myself and I-N-K said...

I love this card...I have this stamp set and never know exactly what to do with it because it is so large!

Alma =)

Gina Lindsay said...

I always love you House Mouse cards, you do such a great job coloring them. Congratulations on the DT position, I am sooo very happy for you.

Amber Hight said...

congratulations! Your cards are wonderful, I can't wait to work with you!

papertrails leaver said...

Such a sweet card! The image you stamped and filled in is fantastic! Wow! I like the dew drops too. Congrats on the Digiments DT! Can't wait to work with you!

Anonymous said...

So Sweet! Love the colors.

Juliana said...

Absolutely adorable card--lovely coloring and I like that twill tape.

Congrats on the DT!!!!! That is so exciting!

Judi M said...

Congratulations on making the Digiments team, Jennifer. They are lucky to have you. :)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is SOOOOOooooh cute! Love your colouring. Congrats on your new DT position. I just know you'll ROCK the digital sentiments and I can't wait to see more of your gorgeous work! :O) P.S. I hear you on the feeling pukey; I feel your pain! ;o) It's no fun at ALL. Your cards look ultra fantastic, so that's some consolation. ;O) Hope you're all better soon & your mojo is in full-go soon.

Anne said...

This is a lovely card-I love all the stuff you posted and the prom pictures are super sweet-

Michelle said...

Oh I love this coffe card! Oh and you an never go too dew drop happy! ths are wondeful little embellies! I love them to death that I try not to use them if I can..bad huh...lol

Unknown said...

Very cute! Nice to see you made it on a team!