Followers

Translate

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

New Stamps & New Blog Look!

Coffee of the Day - Spiced Hazelnut

The other day I was at Michael's spending one of those coveted 50% off coupons and I came across some of their new $1 stamps. WOWZA!!!! There are some great ones out this time! So I was good and only bought 2 wooden ones and 1 clear set in addition to the Martha punch I had originally gone after. I came home and couldn't wait to play around with them! Here is the card I created using the 2 wooden stamps.

All cardstock is Stampin' Up!. I also used 2 of their retired bg stamps to help create the lower piece - Linen (stamped in sahara sand) and French Script (stamped in so saffron). The small flower from Bella's Bloom was also stamped in pretty in pink. The whole thing was then sprayed with pearl glimmer mist to soften and give a very pretty shine. I sponged saffron ink under the shades of the chandelier to give the effect of light. The chandelier was embossed and then the cs distressed. The rhinestones were clear ones I colored with a sharpie to turn them black since I didn't have any in the right size. The trim is more of my fantastic JoAnn's find - I soooooo love that stuff!

I am using this for the Rubbernecker stamps Wacky Wednesday blog challenge to create your own background. I don't have any of their stamps yet, so thought I would use what I have, once again!! I sure did have fun making it! I learned about this challenge from Bev over at her blog, Savor the Journey, one of the blogs on my weekly rounds. Will probably end up making another to have around, as I thought it would make a pretty engagement, congrats, or even different kind of graduation card. FYI - if you click on the photo itself, a new, larger window will open and you can see the different bg elements much clearer.

Playing around with the look of my blog since so many of you have inspired me through your gorgeous ones! so it may change each time you come visit until I decide which bg I like best.

have a great day!
Jennifer

14 comments:

specialcraftmom4 said...

Great card! I love the $1 stamps too (:

Sherry Cheever said...

Jennifer, this is so pretty and I LOVE the way you've used the chandelier for a background!

Kittie said...

Jennifer, I think it is so creative that you used the chandlier as your background image. Gorgeous work.

Diane Noble said...

Totally cute, and I love, love the pink and black! Very striking with the chandelier echoed in the background. Great job!

Dawn Frost said...

I can't wait for the stamps to get to Michaels Canada. We get things so much later! You made an awesome card!

Kryssi said...

i never buy the $1 stamps anymore! but you might've just changed my mind.

Glenda said...

What a lovely card you made. Love the colours.

Juliana said...

Beautiful!!!
I love the pink and black--and your fabulous details!!

Broni said...

I love how you made your own background and I love your color combo! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Vina said...

This is a beautiful chandelier card! Thank you for telling me about it via SCS (free Inka. stamp thread). Great inspiration!!

Joan Ervin said...

What a gorgeous card...I love the colors you used and the chandlier is sooo elegant!!! It sure did make an awesome background!!!

Candy said...

Gorgeous card...great colors...love the lace...perfect addition with this card!! Thanks playing along!!

Glenda said...

Congratulations on the Wacky Wed. challenge win.It's great fun is it not!

Glenda

Savor the Journey said...

I love the way you've used this so-cool chandelier stamp! And this blog background, leafy & lush? I love that as well!

~Bev