Followers

Translate

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ask Me How I Know......

Coffee of the Day - Cinnamon Hazelnut

no photos for this post - thank the heavens above! This falls in the 'Ask me how I know the answer to this question' category.

Did you know that a person can be allergic to Kool-Aid powder concentrate?

go ahead.... I know you wanna.... ask me how I know this. go on. you know you are just DYING to find out how I happen to know this personally. well, let me put it this way - I won't be going out in public for several days. nope, not at all. My face is red, splotchy, covered in a rash, itchy, and just plain hysterical to look at. My loving family is doing their best to support me, but they crack up every time they see me. And how did all of this begin, you may be wondering? All because I decided I wanted to be 'hip' and try putting some streaks of color in my hair with kool-aid. I googled, yahoo-ed, and wikipedia-ed. Did my research like a good little mom would do.

Within 2 min. of putting the 'product' on my hair, my eyes were watering as if I'd been cuttin' onions, my skin was itching like crazy, and I felt hotter than a preacher in a, well, let's just not go there! I looked in the mirror and lo and behold, it was not pretty! I was beet red! Even after immediately rinsing it all out, and washing my face repeatedly, my face just wouldn't get back to 'normal'. So I walked downstairs. Bless his heart, Tyler tried so hard to keep a straight face. I told him that he was laughing to cover up the tears inside, but honestly, it really is funny when you think about it. I look so funny. Except that it has set off my seizures again, which were getting bad again this week anyhow. Oh well. I always tell people that God presents some little way of talking to each one of us each day. He sure got our attention yesterday with His sense of humor. I mean, knowing me, are you really all that surprised?! nope, didn't think so! ;)

have a good one!
Jennifer

2 comments:

specialcraftmom4 said...

I have never heard of such a thing! I am severely allergic to poison ivy, so I know how bad allergies can be! I hope you are all better now!

Unknown said...

I'm just about rollin' on the floor trying to picture all of this. What inspired you to be hip? Glad you are better today.